Buchalter Nemer is one of the few national law firms with a specialized practice in the textile and apparel industry, and a global industry reputation.
Our Apparel Industries Industry Group attorneys possess a peerless in-depth understanding of the day-to-day challenges faced by companies in the textile and apparel industry. Many have practiced in this area for decades, and many have spent time working directly in the industry. The experience of our Apparel Industries Group includes extensive knowledge of every aspect of the apparel industry, including design, dyeing, finishing, knitting, textile engineering, garment manufacturing, importing, factoring and financing, licensing, wholesale distribution and retailing. The firm delivers top quality legal counsel and an ability to handle matters in every aspect of the marketplace to quickly and efficiently achieve results.
Buchalter Nemer Apparel Industries Group attorneys have a practical understanding of the uniqueness of the industry, the entrepreneurs that establish the industry’s fast pace and the vast marketplace where the products are sold. We provide clients with a wide range of hands-on expertise in every phase of industry development.
In addition to general business operations counsel for apparel industry organizations, the firm provides extensive litigation support in the areas of commercial law, labor disputes and all other areas of the law that relate to disputes that arise in the general course of doing business. As a result of our global reputation, we are called upon regularly to act as expert witnesses, mediators, arbitrators and advisors to other professionals who serve the industry.
Our expertise includes:
- Business formation and structuring
- Business transactions
- Commercial and business litigation
- Contract negotiations
- Corporate finance and secured transactions
- E-commerce protection
- Employment and independent sales representation agreements
- Factoring and financing
- Financial planning and restructuring
- Joint ventures and other strategic business relations, transactions and alliances
- Labeling requirements
- Labor and employment, including wage and hour, discrimination and occupational health and safety issues
- Labor negotiations
- Leasing of manufacturing facilities, warehouse, showroom and retail facilities
- Licensing and franchising
- Litigation and dispute resolutions
- Mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations
- Real estate acquisitions
- Stock and equity transactions
- Taxation matters
- Trademark, copyright and other forms of intellectual property
- Unfair competition