Seeking a patent agent with 3+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will be based in our Orange County office, but we will consider stellar candidates that desire to be based in any of our other office locations.
We are searching for a patent agent with 3+ years of experience to join our patent prosecution group in our Orange County office. The candidate will be registered with the USPTO and preferably has experience drafting patent applications and responding to office actions. Technical expertise in the fields of medical device, material science and/or computer software are desirable. The candidate will preferably have a degree in engineering physics, physics, computer software, software engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering.
Our Intellectual Property group works with clients of all sizes across a variety of fields, including technology, life sciences, financial services, computer software products, and consumer products. The group focuses on preparing and registering patent applications, advising on defensive and offensive strategies for enforcement of patents, drafting and negotiating strategic licensing and commercial agreements on behalf of clients, and providing general intellectual property and business counseling. Candidates can expect to collaborate with their colleagues across offices, handle several matters with various clients concurrently and have client contact early in their career.
- Candidates with experience in patent prosecution will be considered.
- A technical degree is required. Candidates admitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office are preferred, but candidates willing and able to be admitted will also be considered.
- Prior experience in software technology, data processing, communication and/or data storage, or life sciences is a plus, but not required.
- Superior academic credentials from a top school and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required for this position.
- Previous law firm experience desired.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.