We are currently seeking a conflicts researcher with 5+ years of experience.
The conflicts researcher is responsible for researching all the intake of the firm’s new business and new hires. The researcher will also provide accurate information regarding corporations, agencies and individuals or other parties involved in matters. The conflict researcher should have an understanding of corporate/legal terminology for business structures. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with the ability to work independently and exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Perform conflict research for new business, new hires and preliminary conflict requests while filtering out data and preparing clear and concise reports by using proper judgement.
- Provide accurate research to identify potential conflicts using internal and external databases, internet sites and outside resources.
- Review the submitted requests for new business intake/new hires and ensure information is complete and accurate. Provide quality results that reflect the parties relationships correctly.
- Collaborate closely with the Intake & Conflicts team to review requests from attorneys/secretaries/staff to perform conflict searches.
- Assist and respond to inquiries from staff and management regarding conflict checks, new business, and new hire status.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both oral and written. Excellent organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong Internet research skills and demonstrated ability to use legal and financial research systems.
- Ability to work with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team. A strong customer service approach and team focus with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to undertake projects and tasks without specific instruction.
- Prior experience in utilizing automated conflicts systems.
- Aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Law firm experience preferred
- Conflicts of interest/compliance database experience
- Experience onboarding lateral hires
- Corporate family tree research and understanding of business structures
- Database research experience and/or experience with corporate research resources such as Hoovers/Dunn & Bradstreet and/or Bureau van Dijk, Capital IQ
- Experience with conflicts search and/or risk management applications such as Intapp Open and/or Intapp Wallbuilder, LegalKey, Elite, Lawtime
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in legal or financial field
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.