Buchalter APC has an opening for a Research Analyst to expand its staff of Research & Information Services professionals. The Research Analyst conducts in-depth reference and research across various practice areas of law and business, and supports the Firm’s business development efforts. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is committed to excellence in the workplace, responsive, collaborative, demonstrates initiative, and has strong intellectual curiosity and excellent attention to detail.
- Perform high-level research and analysis in legal, business, and other subjects using appropriate electronic resources.
- Communicate and package research findings clearly and concisely.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the scope, accuracy, and cost effectiveness of various research resources and selects the optimal resources for specific research requests.
- Assist during orientations of new attorneys on our research services, materials, procedures, and policies, including administering credentials for access to electronic resources.
- Support the Firm’s use of research databases by assisting in training of attorneys and paralegals as well as coordinating training sessions.
- Work on special projects or any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science and minimum two years of research experience, preferably in a law firm setting.
- Demonstrate strong skills conducting complex research and a deep understanding of research strategies and legal concepts.
- Ability to successfully conduct research in unfamiliar disciplines and areas as necessary.
- Able to perform at high level under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Expertise with research databases such as Lexis, Westlaw, Practical Law, Bloomberg, VitalLaw, S&P Capital IQ and Intelligize.
- Keen interest in innovation and technology, and ability to learn new platforms.
- Responsive, service-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and shifting priorities in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to prioritize requests with a high level of competency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills to facilitate presentations.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing and a full benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.