Buchalter APC, an Am Law 200 Law Firm based in Los Angeles with 10 offices, has an opening for a Research Analyst within our Research Services Department with the option of being located in the Firm’s Los Angeles or Orange County office. This position will report to the Research Services Manager. The Research Analyst conducts in-depth research across various practice areas of law, business intelligence, legislative history, public records and news, and supports the Firm’s business development efforts. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced information environment while demonstrating a positive service oriented approach.
- Performs high level research in legal, business, and other subjects using appropriate electronic resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Creates and maintains litigation, docket, news and legislative alerts for attorneys.
- Maintains Intranet page, including updating practice and jurisdiction content pages.
- Aides in orientation of new attorneys on our research services, materials, procedures and policies, including administering credentials for access of electronic resources.
- Supports the Firm’s use of our digital library and online databases by assisting in training, coordinating training sessions through vendor webinars, and trouble-shooting technical
- Assists with evaluating new digital resources and assessing attorney information needs and usage patterns.
- Participates in collection development; Orders new titles as needed and maintains acquisition records for publishers and outside vendors.
- Performs EOS copy cataloging and maintains online
- Participates in projects that increase the value of our research and information services to the Firm.
- Stays current with new and developing trends in research, technology and competitive
- Bills time for research.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information
- Professional library experience in a legal or corporate setting conducting complex research.
- Demonstrate strong research skills and a deep understanding of research
- Knowledge of the legal and business databases and materials used to support the Firm’s practice areas and research needs for client work and business development.
- Expertise with online research databases including but not limited to: Lexis, Westlaw, Practical Law, Bloomberg, VitalLaw, Pacer, Accurint, S&P Capital IQ, Courthouse News Service, Intelligize, Law360 and Hein
- Responsive, service-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and shifting priorities in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to prioritize requests with a high level of competency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills to facilitate presentations.
- Ability to think critically, solve complex problems and use discretion in handling confidential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing and a full benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.