Buchalter APC has an opening for a Research Analyst within our Research & Information Services Department. The Research Analyst conducts in-depth reference and research across various practice areas of law and business, and supports the Firm’s business development efforts. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is committed to excellence in the workplace and demonstrates great attention to detail. This position requires proficiency in prioritizing and completing multiple projects with varying deadlines and levels of difficulty. The candidate should possess a keen interest in innovation and technology, and ability to learn new legal and business research platforms.
- Perform high-level, in-depth research and analysis in legal, business, and other subjects using appropriate electronic resources.
- Complete reference and research requests accurately, thoroughly and promptly each day.
- Analyze research results and exercise professional judgment about relevance of research materials and their inclusion in the results delivered to requestor.
- Communicate and package research findings clearly and concisely.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the scope, accuracy, and cost effectiveness of various research resources and selects the optimal resources for specific research requests.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Firm’s SharePoint practice and jurisdictional resource pages.
- Support the Firm’s use of research databases by coordinating training sessions and conducting orientations for new attorneys and paralegals.
- Work on special projects or any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science and minimum of 2 years of research experience, preferably in a law firm setting.
- Demonstrate strong skills conducting complex research and a deep understanding of research strategies and legal concepts.
- Ability to successfully conduct research in unfamiliar disciplines and areas as necessary.
- Expertise with research databases such as Lexis, Westlaw, Practical Law, Bloomberg, VitalLaw, S&P Capital IQ and Intelligize.
- Responsive, service-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects, deadlines and shifting priorities in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to prioritize requests with a high level of competency, accuracy and attention to detail with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills to facilitate presentations.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing and a full benefits package.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $60-100k. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice and experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter using the link below.