Buchalter, an AmLaw 200 Law Firm with 9 offices, has an opening for a Research Analyst in the Los Angeles office. This position reports to the Director of Research and Information Services.
- Performs legal, business and competitive intelligence research for attorneys, paralegals and staff, using a variety of electronic, digital and print resources. This can include both quick and in-depth complex case, statute, news, public records and company research which needs to be organized and disseminated in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Identifies electronic resources on Firm’s intranet and those in the print collection and develops research strategies for attorneys and other staff members.
- Assists with collection development by evaluating new digital and online resources, assessing attorney information needs and usage patterns, and providing input on addition of new resources.
- Orders new titles as needed and maintains acquisition records for publishers and outside vendors.
- Assists with maintaining our intranet research tiles and updating or adding new research links.
- Assists in orientation of new attorneys to our research services, materials, procedures and policies.
- Supports the Firm’s usage of our digital library and online databases by assisting in training, coordinating training sessions through vendor webinars, and trouble-shooting technical issues when possible.
- Participates in projects that increase the value of our research and information services to the Firm.
- Stays current with new and developing trends in research, technology and competitive intelligence.
- Masters in Library Science degree required.
- Business and Competitive Intelligence research experience preferred.
- Legal research required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in research services in a law firm setting.
- Experience using LEXIS Advance, LEXIS Practice Advisor, WESTLAW Edge, Bloomberglaw.com, Cheetah, Pacer, Practical Law, LEXIS Securities Mosaic, Law360 and HeinOnline.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to prioritize requests with a high level of competency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability for critical thinking and complex problem solving.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and summarize research results and deliver the most relevant information in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required.
Buchalter offers a competitive salary, 401K, medical, vision, dental coverage, etc.
Click here to apply.