We are searching for a junior associate or a patent agent of any level to join our patent prosecution group in our Orange County office. The candidate will be registered with the USPTO and preferably has experience drafting patent applications and responding to office actions. Technical expertise in the fields of medical device, material science and/or computer software are desirable. The candidate will preferably have a degree in engineering physics, physics, software engineering, or electrical engineering.
Our Intellectual Property group works with clients of all sizes across a variety of fields, including technology, life sciences, financial services, computer software products, and consumer products. The group focuses on preparing and registering patent applications, advising on defensive and offensive strategies for enforcement of patents, drafting and negotiating strategic licensing and commercial agreements on behalf of clients, and providing general intellectual property and business counseling. Candidates can expect to collaborate with their colleagues across offices, handle several matters with various clients concurrently and have client contact early in their career. The ideal candidate will be based in our Orange County office.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and transcript using the link below.
- Candidates must be from a JD class of 2017 to 2020.
- Candidates with experience in IP litigation or prosecution will be considered.
- Candidates must be admitted to practice with the State Bar of California.
- A technical degree is required. Candidates admitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office are preferred, but candidates willing and able to be admitted will also be considered.
- Prior experience in software technology, data processing, communication and/or data storage, or life sciences is a plus, but not required.
- Superior academic credentials from a top law school and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required for this position.
- Previous large law firm experience desired.
Click here to apply.