Buchalter APC, an AmLaw 200 Law Firm based in Los Angeles with 9 offices and 330 attorneys, has an opening for a Research Analyst to expand our Research Services Team. Training for the position will take place in the Los Angeles office. Position may initially be remote due to Covid guidelines. This position will report to the Research Services Manager and could be based in the Los Angeles or Orange County office.
- Performs legal, business and competitive intelligence research for attorneys, paralegals and support staff, using a variety of electronic and print resources. This can include both quick and in-depth complex case, statute, news, public records and company research.
- Analyzes legal and non-legal resources and communicates findings in a clear, concise manner.
- Identifies electronic resources on Firm’s intranet and those in the print collection and develops research strategies for attorneys and other staff members.
- Assists with collection development by evaluating new digital resources and assessing attorney information needs and usage patterns. Orders new titles as needed and maintains acquisition records for publishers and outside vendors.
- Performs EOS copy cataloging and maintains online catalog.
- Maintains our intranet research page, including updating practice and jurisdiction content pages.
- Aides in orientation of new attorneys on our research services, materials, procedures and policies.
- Supports the Firm’s use of our digital library and online databases by assisting in training, coordinating training sessions through vendor webinars, and trouble-shooting technical issues.
- Participates in projects that increase the value of our research and information services to the Firm.
- Stays current with new and developing trends in research, technology and competitive intelligence.
- Master’s degree in library or information science.
- Knowledge of legal materials and law firm experience preferred. Business and competitive intelligence research experience a plus.
- Demonstrate strong research skills and a deep understanding of research strategies.
- Competency with online research services such as Lexis, Westlaw, Practical Law, Bloomberg, Cheetah, Pacer, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Law360 and Hein Online.
- Responsive, service-oriented and able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize requests with a high level of competency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills to facilitate presentations.
- Ability to think critically, solve complex problems and use discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, medical, vision, dental coverage, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.