We are seeking a Research Analyst/Electronic Services Librarian who is comfortable working virtually for now. Eventually, the position may require working some hours in the LA or Irvine office. This position reports to the Director of Research and Information Services.
- Performs legal, business and competitive intelligence research for attorneys, paralegals and staff, using a variety of electronic, digital and print resources. This can include both quick and in-depth complex case, statute, news, public records and company research which needs to be organized and disseminated in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Identifies electronic resources on Firm’s intranet and those in the print collection and develops research strategies for attorneys and other staff members.
- Assists with collection development by evaluating new digital and online resources, assessing attorney information needs and usage patterns, and providing input on addition of new resources. Orders new titles as needed and maintains acquisition records for publishers and outside vendors.
- Assists with maintaining our intranet research page by updating or adding new research links.
- Assists in orientation of new attorneys to our research services, materials, procedures and policies.
- Supports the Firm’s usage of our digital library and online databases by assisting in training, coordinating training sessions through vendor webinars, and trouble- shooting technical issues when possible.
- Participates in projects that increase the value of our research and information services to the Firm.
- Stays current with new and developing trends in research, technology and competitive intelligence.
- Masters in Library Science degree required. Knowledge of legal materials and law firm experience preferred. Business and Competitive Intelligence research experience a plus. May consider a candidate who has had at least an internship in a law library while completing the Master’s Program.
- Can demonstrate strong research skills and a deep understanding of research strategies.
- Experience using LEXIS Advance, LEXIS Practice Advisor, WESTLAW Edge, Bloomberglaw, Cheetah, Pacer, Practical Law, LEXIS Securities Mosaic, Law360 and HeinOnline a plus.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to prioritize requests with a high level of competency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability for critical thinking and complex problem solving.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and summarize research results and deliver the most relevant information in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Microsoft Office is required.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, medical, vision, dental coverage, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.
Click here to apply.