We are seeking a Trusts and Estates Legal Assistant to support our San Diego office. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in trusts and estates.
- Assist attorneys with the filing of probate and estate administration documents.
- Communicate with clients, beneficiaries, and external parties to gather information and provide updates on case progress.
- Manage and maintain accurate and organized client files, ensuring all documents are properly indexed and stored.
- Formatting, proofreading and finalizing pleadings, discovery and correspondence.
- Processing and scanning incoming mail, ensuring all documents are saved electronically and sent to Docket when appropriate.
- Proven experience working as a Legal Assistant with knowledge of the Probate/Trusts and Estates practice and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and external parties.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook and Adobe; experience with FileSite/iManage is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor with the utmost respect for client confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Applicant must be punctual and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing, a generous benefits package, commuter benefits, PerkSpot Discount Program, company events and more. Buchalter is currently offering a hybrid work model for this position.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $85-95k. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice and experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.