Buchalter is seeking an Estate Planning Paralegal for our San Francisco office. The paralegal will assist attorneys with a variety of duties related to estate planning & administration. This position promises substantial client contact, autonomy and a great potential to enhance and broaden your skills/knowledge in the fields of estate administration and estate/tax planning in a fast paced environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft standard estate planning documents (trusts, wills, financial and medical powers of attorney).
- Prepare deeds and related documents.
- Administer decedents’ estates.
- Meet and communicate directly with clients on sophisticated estate planning matters.
- Assist in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Facilitate trust administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a transactional Paralegal role, preferably estate planning & administration work.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook. Experience with FileSite is highly preferred.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently when required.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing and a full benefits package.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $90-155k. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice and experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.