We are currently seeking a senior associate to support our San Francisco office’s high-net-worth Family Law Practice Group. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of family law experience, be able to handle cases on their own, be licensed to practice in California and possess strong writing/research skills and excellent academic credentials.
- Prepare Declarations of Disclosure
- Draft and review legal documents related to family law such as stipulations and marital settlement agreements.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to clients
- Collaborate with clients, their partners, and other attorneys to negotiate and finalize agreements
- Conduct legal research and stay updated on relevant laws and regulations
- Analyze complex financial documents, such as tax returns, financial statements, corporate documents
- Maintain accurate and organized client files and documentation
- Provide support to other attorneys as needed
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the California State Bar and in good standing
- Minimum of 10 years of experience practicing family law
- Ability to manage a caseload on their own and meet deadlines efficiently
- Strong knowledge of family law statutes, regulations, and legal principles
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in legal research tools and technology
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, and commitment to client confidentiality and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Experience working with high-net-worth clients and complex financial arrangements
A career at Buchalter is an opportunity to do exciting work with a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm. We value an energizing and supportive environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, various types of bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k, and a full benefits package.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $230-245k, with bonus potential of up to $112,500. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice and experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and transcript using the link below.