LOS ANGELES, Calif., May 29, 2019 – Buchalter is pleased to announce that Michael C. Flynn has joined as a member of the Corporate Practice Group in Los Angeles. Mr. Flynn’s practice focuses on consumer financial services, banking, mortgage lending and servicing, mergers and acquisitions regarding regulatory requirements, transactional due diligence, and regulatory enforcement.
“I am thrilled to add my experience and expertise to the already exceptional capabilities Buchalter offers its clients,” said Flynn. “I look forward to the continued growth of my practice with the impressive platform the Firm provides.”
Mr. Flynn previously served as Acting General Counsel for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and was General Counsel of Flagstar Bank and PNC Mortgage. He was the Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) Business Law Section Task Force on Litigation Reform and Rules Changes, and as a Member of the ABA Business Law Section Task Force on Federal Preemption of State Laws. Mr. Flynn was also Co-Chair of the ABA Business Law Section Subcommittee on In-House Litigation Management and the Chair of the ABA TIPS Section Title Insurance Litigation Committee where he served as Vice-Chair of the ABA TIPS Section Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, and as a Member of the American Land Title Association Claims Committee. Mr. Flynn is currently Chair of the American Bar Association Banking Law Subcommittee on Consumer and Retail Law.
Mr. Flynn received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and his B.A. from Indiana University.
- The Daily Journal – “On the Move,” June 10, 2019
- The Deal Pipeline – “Spiva Moves Up at Perkins Coie, and More,” June 4, 2019
- Bloomberg Big Law Business – “Wake Up Call: Trump Lawyer Who Led Aggressive Push on Mueller Probe Leaving,” June 3, 2019
- General Counsel News – “Buchalter Adds Michael Flynn in Los Angeles,” June 2, 2019
- Attorney at Law Magazine – “Buchalter Welcomes Michael Flynn in Los Angeles,” May 31, 2019