“You settled a case and agreed to continuing jurisdiction of the court pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure section 664.6. You’re thinking you’re all set. If one of the parties fails to abide by the settlement agreement, you can file a motion to enforce and get a judgment entered. However, instead of enforcing the settlement agreement, the judge has found your settlement agreement unenforceable and ordered the parties back to square one in the case. How did you get here? How can you avoid this scenario?…”

To read the full article, click here.