A Roadmap to Audit Complexities and Defense Strategies
October 26th, 2:30pm
Sharon Nicka, RN, CPC – President and CEO, Nicka & Associates, Inc.
Damaris L. Medina, Shareholder, Buchalter
This enlightening and detailed presentation will help to gain insight into the strategies necessary for knowing OIG guidelines that define the compliance environment. The importance of developing a successful narrative to respond to audits, over-payment requests will also be discussed. Other key topics by your co-presenters include implementing quality improvement initiatives based on specific compliance plans and how to develop an action plan for risk areas. Additionally, current trends in fraud and abuse, as well as common types of audit inquiries will be covered. Be sure to attend this important lecture for a perceptive look into audit complexities and defense strategies.
- Identify current trends in fraud and abuse, as well as common types of audit inquiries
- Define and implement quality improvement initiatives based on your compliance plan and develop action steps to reduce your urgent care center’s risk areas
- Illustrate appropriate responses to audits, overpayment requests, and OIG inquiries by evaluating sample responses provided during this lecture
- Recognize guidelines from the OIG which define the compliance environment and best practices
- Develop a variety of defense strategies and therefore be able to formulate a successful narrative to respond to an overpayment request