Damaris Medina at the California Medical Association/Medical Group Management Association’s Western Healthcare Leadership Academy, to be held on May 29-31 at the Lowes Hotel in Hollywood, CA, on “Contract Negotiations.”
This interactive presentation will cover issues arising in contract negotiations with health plans. A significant portion of the presentation will be allocated for Q&A. At the conclusion of this session, attendees will:
- Understand their value in the marketplace;
- Learn how to approach the negotiation of managed care and payer contracts and how to develop a winning strategy;
- Receive tips on negotiating contract rates including: learning about key contract clauses and what information to collect prior to negotiating;
- Learn various valuation models/alternatives for arriving at contract rates and pros and cons of each;
- Recognize the potential pitfalls in the process and how to avoid them; and
- Learn what to do when payers won’t pay.