Jason Croft speaker at the IP Counsel Café Annual Silicon Valley Meeting on the topic of “Increasing Concern around Trade Secrets: Small vs. Large Companies; Expanding Into New Jurisdictions,” on May 19, 2022.
The recent rise in remote work, lateral movement, partnering with external parties and open source have brought greater attention to trade secrets. Join Mr. Croft for a discussion on how companies are thinking about trade secrets.
- How is trade secret protection different for a small vs. large company?
- How should you modify your trade secret policy as your company grows?
- How to protect trade secrets without stifling the business?
- How to identify and isolate trade secrets so no one else can access them?
- Is there an easier way to ensure trade secrets are not in your own publications?
- Can you categorize trade secrets so you can tell your inventors to simply avoid A,B,C?
- How do you expand your trade secret policy as you enter new jurisdictions?
- As lateral migration increases, how do companies ensure their new employees do not disclose trade secrets?
If you are hiring, how do you ensure you do not infringe other companies’ trade secrets?