We are currently seeking junior to senior level attorney candidates to support our Health Care Litigation Practice Group. This group focuses primarily on health care reimbursement, business to business, and government investigations. The ideal candidate will have strong business focused health care litigation experience or strong complex business litigation experience with an interest in health care litigation. Candidates should also have experience both working and managing multiple cases, be licensed to practice in California, have strong writing skills and excellent academic credentials.
- Represent hospitals and health systems, and other health care providers in litigation matters involving shareholder and other corporate disputes, reimbursement lawsuits against major health plans, and multiparty, bet-the-company litigation and a variety of other issues affecting our health care clients;
- Draft legal documents, including pleadings, discovery requests, and motions;
- Negotiate settlements and resolving disputes with opposing counsel;
- Review contracts, agreements, and other legal documents related to health care litigation;
- Participate in arbitrations, mediations, settlement negotiations and trials;
- Conduct legal research and staying up-to-date on health care laws and regulations.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate with excellent academic credentials
- Must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in California
- Minimum of 2 years of recent complex business litigation experience
- Strong knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations (preferred)
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents
- Must have case management experience
- Clear and effective drafting skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required
- Ability to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong organization and matter management skills
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team
A career at Buchalter is an opportunity to do exciting work with a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm. We value an energizing and supportive environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, various types of bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k, and a full benefits package.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $130-$245k, with bonus potential of up to $112,500. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice and experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and transcript using the link below.