We are currently seeking an associate to join our Business Litigation Practice Group. The position will be based in our San Francisco office. Ideal candidates will have 5 to 8 years of prior associate-level experience in complex business litigation.
- Review a fact pattern and make correct analysis and recommendations
- Effectively and accurately analyze legal issues
- Second chair a complex case or first chair a simpler case
- Effectively assist lead trial attorneys in all pre-trial issues and proceedings
- Prepare complex pre-trial motions
- Assist in evaluating and implementing pre-trial preparation and witness preparation
- Experience in pre-trial motions in both Federal and State courts
- Independently and effectively manage a small case with minimum or no supervision
- Independently handle a modestly complex commercial case
- Prepare motions for summary judgment
- Effectively prepare deponents
- Effectively take complex deposition testimony
- Demonstrate a breadth of experience in various substantive areas of law
- Must have a Juris Doctorate with excellent academic credentials;
- Must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in California;
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents;
- Must have case management experience;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required;
- Ability to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
A career at Buchalter is an opportunity to do exciting work with a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm. We value an energizing and supportive environment that promotes success for our clients and each other.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and transcript using the link below.