We are currently seeking a mid to senior level associate to support our San Francisco Office’s Litigation Practice Group. The ideal candidate will possess 4+ years of recent business litigation experience from a law firm. Candidates should also be licensed to practice in California, and have strong writing skills and excellent academic credentials.
- Review a fact pattern and make correct analysis and recommendations
- Effectively and accurately analyze legal issues
- Second chair a complex case or first chair a simpler case
- Effectively assist lead trial attorneys in all pre-trial issues and proceedings
- Prepare complex pre-trial motions
- Assist in evaluating and implementing pre-trial preparation and witness preparation
- Experience in pre-trial motions in both Federal and State courts
- Independently and effectively manage a small case with minimum or no supervision
- Independently handle a modestly complex commercial case
- Prepare motions for summary judgment
- Effectively prepare deponents
- Effectively take complex deposition testimony
- Demonstrate a breadth of experience in various substantive areas of law
- Must have a Juris Doctorate with excellent academic credentials;
- Must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in California;
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents;
- Must have case management experience;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required;
- Ability to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
A career at Buchalter is an opportunity to do exciting work with a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm. We value an energizing and supportive environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer a competitive salary, various types of bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k, and a full benefits package.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $180-$230k, with bonus potential of up to $106,000. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice and experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and transcript using the link below.