Know the Salient Points of Marijuana Laws and Effectively Advise Your Clients
The legalization of marijuana has created business opportunities, but it has also created many questions and uncertainties for professionals advising businesses due to the position of the federal government. What are possible federal responses to legalized cannabis? What types of businesses does state law allow, and how does a potential business owner obtain a permit? When are you potentially violating federal law by merely assisting a client? Learn the answers to these questions and more – register today!
- Understand how the federal government can use forfeiture laws to close marijuana-related businesses.
- Evaluate the current banking landscape and determine whether a cannabusiness can obtain financing.
- Ensure marijuana business clients have business policies and procedures in place that help them avoid legal scrutiny.
- Confidently advise clients on all aspects of the marijuana business licensing process.
- Gain practical legal tips on cannabis product packaging, labeling and testing.
- Recognize the state and federal tax implications for cannabis-related businesses.
- Analyze the ethical implications of advising cannabis business clients.
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
333 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111