We are currently seeking a Healthcare Litigation Paralegal in our Orange County office. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience and an ABA-approved paralegal certificate.
Under minimal supervision, the Litigation Paralegal performs a variety of duties to assist attorneys in the Healthcare Litigation Department. Reviews patient medical and billing claim files, revenue cycle reports, works with large Excel spreadsheets, including creating pivot tables, developing formulas, and combining/consolidating/comparing data in various spreadsheets, develops and carries out case management strategies, including discovery, expert witness identification and preparation, and trial preparation. Maintains positive contact with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, co-counsel, experts, and service providers. Strictly observes confidentiality of client matters. Keeps accurate time records for client billing. Continually learns and applies software and other technology as necessary to improve litigation management and client service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate or attorney declaration under the BPC 6450;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a litigation paralegal handling healthcare related cases;
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State court Rules and Procedures;
- Thorough and advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Candidates should have familiarity with Relativity, RelOne, Adobe Acrobat, Lexis CaseNotebook, Westlaw/Lexis;
- Knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Trial experience is a plus;
- Ability to proofread for context, grammatical and typographical/spelling errors;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent decision-making skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to strategize, develop, initiate and carry-out case management strategy.
Buchalter APC offers a competitive salary, 401K, profit sharing and a full benefits package.
Pay Scale: The reasonably expected pay scale for this position is $70-125k. This is an employer estimate and the salary offered within that range, and the potential for bonus and bonus amount, will depend on candidate’s years of practice, experience and performance.
Buchalter was founded based on principles of inclusivity. Our firm’s commitment to reflecting and enhancing the rich diversity of the clients and communities we serve is more than eight decades strong. Buchalter’s diversity of attorneys and staff provides clients with a greater breadth of creative talent and alternative approaches, and enriches our firm’s collaborative, entrepreneurial and collegial environment, benefiting all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting, we welcome the unique contributions that all candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume using the link below.