Damaris Medina spoke on the Practice Management Track at the Urgent Care Association of America’s (UCAOA) Spring Convention on “Coding Audits and Compliance.”
The current economic climate has motivated an increase in audit activity from government and private payers for everything from billing and coding, to HIPAA and kickbacks. Therefore, it is more important than ever for urgent care centers to build a culture of compliance.
At the conclusion of this session attendees learned:
- The current trends in fraud and abuse;
- How to identify their urgent care center’s risk areas;
- The elements of a legally sound compliance program;
- How to perform internal audits effectively; and
- Tips and strategies on how to implement a compliance program successfully.