California’s labor and employment laws can be daunting, even for seasoned employers. Join Buchalter as we delve into the latest developments in both federal and state regulations. Gain valuable insights and strategies for handling investigations, wage and hour matters, employee management, and more.
- New California Employment Laws for 2024 – Tracy Warren & Katie Fox (7:30 AM – 8:05 AM)
- 2023 Developments in Class Actions and PAGA – Leah Lively & Ronnie Arias/Michelle Lopez (8:10 AM – 8:45 AM)
- Trade secrets – Alissa Pleau Fuller and Tracy Warren or Katie Fox (8:50 AM – 9:25 AM)
- Staffing Companies and Joint Liability in Employment – Charles Whitman and Alicia Belock (9:30 AM – 10:05 AM)
- Privacy and AI in Employment – Christina Morgan and Nima Shull (10:10 AM – 10:45 AM)
—– BREAK 5 MINUTES —–
- Trends in Other States, Federal Employment Law and Unions – Chris Mason and Matt Drenan (10:55 AM – 11:30 PM)
- How to Work With Insurance Carriers in Employment Claims – Craig Nickerson and Ryan Caplan (11:35 AM-12:10 PM)
—– LUNCH —–
- Working Across State Lines in Employment Law – Natalie Bryans and Yvonne Ricardo (1:00 PM – 1:35 PM)
- What is Going on with Today’s Workforce? DEI, Remote Work, and Tips on Retention – Michelle Brookfield and Sanjay Bhandari (1:40 PM to 2:15 PM)
- Questions – Reminder to Obtain CLEs (2:15 PM – 2:30 PM)
October 25th, 2023
7:30 AM TO 4:00 PM
655 WEST BROADWAY
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA 92101
RSVP with the above link.
If you cannot attend in person, a Zoom Webinar will be scheduled for Wednesday, November 8th. Stay tuned for further details.
We will also be offering CLE (Continuing Legal Education) credit.
Additionally, breakfast and lunch will be provided during the event.